FRUIT TREE (LIME) - West Indian Lime Tree - Sold per plant - ISLANDWIDE DELIVERY AVAILABLE
By Nature Touch Farms From Jamaica
WHY BUY A GRAFTED WEST INDIAN LIME TREE?
A very small round lime which has numerous seeds, and a strong flavour. Used extensively for drinks and flavourings, and makes good marmalade. Very juicy and very acid. Squeeze a half of lime into a glass of iced water - very refreshing. Trees require warm humid climate - can grow in most parts of the tropics and subtropics. Also known as the Key Lime in the USA and the Mexican Lime. Trees are grafted.
SPECIFICATIONS OF WEST INDIAN LIMES
* Preferred Climate- Sub-tropical & Tropical
* Propagation - Grafted
* Max Height (when in the ground with good conditions) 6 - 16 feet (2-5m)
* Plants required to Pollinate 1 (Self Pollinating)
* Can it Handle Frosts? Likes Temps above 5 deg, Sometimes, Yes
* Amount of leaves in Winter? All Leaves (Evergreen)
* Suitability in Pots - Yes with 10 gallon or more (35 L+) Pot
* Water Requirements - Frequent Watering, Moderate Watering
* Is it a Dwarf Fruit Tree? Can be pruned to 6 feet (2m)
* Time to Fruit/Flower/Harvest 1 - 2 Years
* Sun or Shade - Full (Sun:80%-100%)
* Preferred Soil Type - Perfect Drainage (Sand/Volcanic), Good Drainage
* Soil pH - Neutral (6.6-7.3pH)
* Fruiting/Harvest Months - March, April, May, June, July, August, September
WHY NATURE TOUCH FARMS CITRUS TREE ARE BETTER?
The top benefit to our Citrus Plants: We’ve grafted and greenhouse-grown our Lime Tree for absolute best results. That means you get consistent harvests and strong growth, year over year, as well as a healthy root system and well-developed branching. This process – and our extra work at the nursery – means more fruit for you. Whether you grow it outdoors or in, you’ll get all the benefits the West Indian Lime Tree has to offer.
Order your own West Indian Lime Tree today, while they're still available!!!
DELIVERY ISLANDWIDE ON ALL OUR FRUIT TREES
West Indian Lime Tree Pollination
West Indian Lime Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional West Indian Lime Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
PLANTING & CARE
1. PLANTING: Choose a location where your tree is going to get plenty of sunlight...6 to 8 hours per day is best. They can tolerate some shade but thrive in full sun.
These trees also do better in areas with high humidity so you may also need to create humidity for your tree by misting the leaves daily with water. Potted plants do enjoy a daily misting for humidity but placing a tray with rocks filled with water under the plant will feed humidity to the tree as the water evaporates.
If your winter temperatures are consistently below 40 degrees, plant your tree in a container that can easily be brought outside in the summer months and inside in the winter. A planter with built-in casters is a good choice so it can easily be moved. Choose a pot slightly larger than what it was shipped in that has plenty of holes in the bottom to allow for drainage. Be sure to plant in well-draining potting soil preferably recommended for acid-loving citrus plants.
Place your tree in an area of your home, preferably a south-facing window, where it is going to get plenty of sunlight. Supplement with a grow light if it will not receive full sun.
2. WATERING: Be sure to give your tree a deep watering so that it can penetrate into the root system. After watering, allow the top 2 to 3 inches of the soil to dry out completely before watering again.
When ready to water your potted West Indian Lime tree, stop once you see it escaping the drainage holes at the base of the pot.
3. FERTILIZING: Feed your West Indian Lime tree during the warmer spring and summer seasons with a citrus specific fertilizer once every six weeks, such as the one included in our NTF Citrus Care Kit. During the fall and winter season, ease back to fertilizing once every 2 to 3 months, and make sure to follow the application instructions written on the fertilizer bag.
4. POLLINATION: This tree is self-fertile and will produce fruit on its own, but if you want to increase your crop size, you can provide additional pollination by hand. Simply take a small, dry, fine-tipped paintbrush and stick it into the center of the bloom. Swirl it around and collect the pollen on the brush. Go to the next bloom and repeat the process until every bloom has been treated. Do this once daily and don’t wash the paintbrush until after the blooms have been pollinated. Adding an additional West Indian Lime tree will make the pollination process easier.
5. PRUNING: Pruning can be done at any time of the year for the potted West Indian Lime plant.
Nature Touch Farms is your source for buying rare plants and fruit trees. Our online selection of rainforest tropicals, exotic fruit trees and fruit trees can bring the tropics to your back yard, greenhouse or garden.
Check out our wide selection of other tropical plants, subtropical plants and temperate climate plants.
We do take every possible care to grow healthy plants and send these out in the variety as labeled.
We are very careful with packing and handling our plants, however it is the responsibility of the purchaser to promptly check their package, unpack, plant and care for the plants appropriately once they arrive.
Please read cultivation notes for each variety carefully, as Nature Touch Farms will not be held accountable for the care of plants once they leave our premises.
Images are for reference purposes only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
SHIPPING & DISPATCH
We will dispatch your plant(s) order as soon as possible.
Please note the plants are individually wrapped, prepped and packaged to ensure safety in transit and this takes time.
During busy periods, plant orders can take up to 7 days to process, so please notify us of any dates we need to take into account when sending your plants.
Order your own West Indian Lime Plant today, while they're still available!!!
DELIVERY ISLANDWIDE ON ALL OUR FRUIT TREES
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER EXOTIC, HIGH YIELDING & QUICK BEARING CITRUS PLANT VARIETIES AT OUR WEBSITE - www.Farmlinkr.com/store/nature-touch-farms
|Shipping Destination||Single Item||Additional Items|
Store Delivery Information
ORDER PROCESSING & DELIVERY
pick up by appointment at our farm or plant nursery. Other delivery arrangements can be made for an additional fee.
Orders are normally processed & dispatched for delivery on Fridays, once the order has been made on or before Thursday 12 midday and payment has been cleared.
For GoCool Courier delivery pick ups are made from our location on Fridays and delivery done islandwide on Saturdays within the Kingston, Ocho Rios & Montego Bay areas. Other areas within the island, deliveries will be done on Mondays .
For Doorway Express delivery pick up are made from our location on Thursdays, and delivery done islandwide on Fridays within the Corporate Areas, Kingston, Ocho Rios, Montego Bay, Spanish Town, May Pen & Mandeville on Fridays. Other areas within the island, deliveries will be done on Saturdays.
For each order a Tracking Number is provided to facilitate tracking of your delivery.
Orders can be collected between the hours of 10 am to 5 pm at the nearest Knutsford Express location or at our onsite location.
usually prep the fruit tree before shipping to prevent plant shock during the delivery process. 99% of the time, the trees arrive alive to their final destination. Our trees are shipped in a
grow bag with soil.
We do our very best to ensure that everything is perfect with your order and that you are 100% satisfied.
However, we know that sometimes even with our best efforts things can still go wrong.
Therefore, for every order purchased (fruits, vegetables, spices & seasonings) an additional 10% is provided FREE OF COST to replace any faults/damages/spoilage.
If you receive your order in an unsatisfactory condition, please take a few pictures and submit them via email to our email address: [email protected] or WhatsApp the pictures to 1-876-532--9441. Please do this within 24 hours of receiving your package.
We will review your email or WhatsApp message & pictures and get back to you within 5 working days.
Remember to keep the box in case we ask you to ship the package back to us at our expense.
WHAT IS YOUR WARRANTY & RETURN POLICY ON THE FRUIT TREES & OTHER PLANTS?
Our warranty only covers the fruit tree and other plants arriving alive and in fair condition. If you receive your fruit tree and/or plant in a condition in which the tree or plant may not survive, please take a few pictures and submit them via email to our address: [email protected] or WhatsApp the pictures to 1-876-532-9441. Please do this within 48 hours of receiving your tree or plant. We will review your email or WhatsApp message & pictures and get back to you within a few days. Remember to keep the box in case we ask you to ship the plant back to us at our expense. Our warranty does not apply once you have planted the tree or plant on the ground, pot and/or any other container.
This item is yet to be reviewed.
Nature Touch Farm has been in existence since 2004 and has grown from just being a farm which produces exotic watermelons, melons, lettuces, cabbages, plantains and numerous fruit trees.
We have expanded with the addition of our Plant Nurseries boasting a collection of close to 50 varieties of fruit trees.
SHOP with us here from our website. You will be glad you did.
Thank you for shopping with us.